Dr Rachel Hussey from NELFT has recently given some talks which were filmed to share with families. She is incredibly knowledgeable and delivers information in a very user-friendly manner for families to understand. Please see below for the links -
Some useful resources:
Resources from language link
What is our Universal Offer for C and I?
- All children are screened on entry using Speech / Language Link
- All teachers use visual resources including: visual timetables, active listening prompts and visual supports to vocabulary
- Signage around our school site is supported with visual prompts.
What is our targeted offer for C and I?
- Follow up interventions from Speech Link
- Teachers using suggested strategies from Speech / Language link for 'targeted' children
- If children do not make expected progress we will then discuss and refer for a Speech and Language Assessment.
What is our Specialist Offer for C and I?
- Work closely with Speech and Language Therapists
- Carry out 'follow up work' as provided by Speech and Language Therapists
- Work closely with parents