The PE and School Sport Premium
The PE and School Sport Premium is government funding for physical education (PE) and sport in order to improve the quality of PE and sport provision in schools. It is allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools, with primary phase pupils.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
How the PE and School Sport Premium money will be spent in the current academic year
The premium money received has doubled this year and will be £17,800.
Click on the link below to see how it is planned the money will be spent in the coming year.
NEW-Exemplification-of-reporting-Template-for-PE-and-Sport-Funding-October-2...docx (44 downloads)
How the PE and School Sport Premium money was spent in the previous academic year
During 2016 to 2017 our money was used in the following ways:
- To further track pupil participation in sports activities although participation is already high in the school, we endeavoured to investigate reasons why some pupils do not engage in these activities and investigate further pupils engagement in health and fitness activities beyond the school.
- To train pupil sports Leaders to deliver organised sports at lunchtimes to increase fitness activities at lunchtimes and improve pupil behaviour and self esteem.
- To provide clubs beyond the usual school curriculum.
- To purchase yoga mats for new school club.
- To top dress the school field.
As a member of Thanet passport the school is able to participate in a number of interschool sporting events during the year. We are also part of a professional network of sports leaders across the district. For more information regarding Thanet Passport Please click on the link below.